Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Negative Nancy And Positive Polly

Holy crap, I've been negative recently, ha.  It's been painful to read my blogs, I know.  I do admit I even thought, "What the hell is my issue?!"  Truth is, a lot has been going on.  And a lot of it has in fact been pretty shitty.  I guess I'm used to most of it now, but some things have improved.

I think my dad read my blog about me saying I don't really know him and he doesn't show interest in what I do.  The night after I wrote that blog he actually came up to my bedroom as soon as he got off work and started talking to me.  It was...strange. Haha.  Then the days following were even stranger!  He has been asking every day how Buck and I are, and if I'm having a good time at the horse clinics, etc.  He is showing a lot of support! I love it!  It makes me so happy I can finally share what I'm doing openly with him.  :)  I hope it keeps up.

This was never a problem, but I freaking love the people I do horse clinics with.  All of them are so supportive!  They all think so highly of Buck and I. I feel so blessed to have these people in my life and encourage me to keep going.  When the time in my life comes when I have to move out of Utah, I hope I can find people to surround myself with that are at least half as great as these people (that's going to be really hard).  Seeing them and the progress they have made with their horses is phenomenal too.  They are just amazing influences.
School sucks...but only eight more weeks! YAY!  I will be staying at Weber State I've decided  and I'm going to load up on credits.  When the schedule opens up to view I'll see if I want to take 18 or 21 credits.  Either way, since I'm not going to be working, I'm gonna work my butt off in school so I can hopefully graduate when I am supposed to....hopefully.  I currently have all A's (one A-), but I feel them slowly slipping.  The second round of exams are coming up and I'm a little nervous.  I didn't do so great on my geography (89%) and human development exams (80%).  The geography one is doable, but I expected to get more like a 93%.  I really gotta try harder on my human development one.  I have to retake the class if I don't at least get a B-.  Yayyy pressure ;)

I'm really on top of my school work.  For a while there I was a couple weeks ahead in all my classes...then I didn't do anything for a while, ha.  Now I have two papers, two exams I need to study for, plus some other miscellaneous homework to do before the 17th.  It's awesome  And, to add something to all that, my grandma Betty is in town (she's been here since the end of October, but will be leaving on the 17th as well), and I've been doing horse clinics pretty often...plus I do have a boyfriend that requires some attention as well.  I think it's safe to say I am keeping myself very busy (almost too busy actually), but it's a good kind of busy.  It's keeping me out of trouble!

My next blog will probably be about the last couple horse clinics.  Tonight I'm going to another hoof and leg dissection performed by my wonderful friend Tomas Teskey.  I'm pretty stoked to learn more about those parts of the horse and maybe pick up on some things I missed in New Mexico.  Anyhoo, time to finish a paper and begin studying so I can be done by 5:00.  Ready.Set.GO!



No comments:

Post a Comment