Monday, May 27, 2013

Today.

Today was yet another busy day in the Ghan house.  We didn't really do anything productive as far as unpacking and organizing goes, but we did go shopping for about a million hours (slight exaggeration) and did some miscellaneous stuff around the house.

I planted my vegetables today!  They are doing very well.  I can't wait to have my own eggplants, yellow squash, and tomatoes :)  After I planted them, I let Mo and Feckle out for the first time.  Boy, did they love it!  

Puppy officially chased away his first "stray" cat that was in our backyard by the hay.  He felt pretty tough.  

Feckle found a bug and decided to eat it, only to spit it back out and play with it for a little while longer. 
 
My parents sold their sailboat today. YAY!  To celebrate they bought a lawn mower and an awesome computer.  Get money to spend money, right?  I am happy for them.
I also got to talk to Alice today too!  I wasn't expecting her to call me from China but it was sooo nice hearing how she has been.  I can't wait for her to come back so we can have some fun and enjoy summer!


I got my bareback pad from my parents!  I was able to use it for the first time today. Man, that pad is AMAZING.  Buck was well behaved when we walked around the neighborhood with my mom and Tango, but then he turned into a knuckle head when I actually asked him to work slightly.  Despite his atrocious behavior, that pad made me stick to him like glue and I felt safe.  He's a good horse...if you don't ask him to do anything he doesn't want to do.  It's pretty intimidating when a half ton horse wants to run you over because he wants to be with his friend in the pasture.  For the first time ever, Buck actually hurt me doing just that yesterday.  I'm really looking forward to going to New Mexico in a few weeks.  Buck has some pretty thick walls that need to be broken down and New Mexico is the only way it's going to happen.

Oh, and I found a rather large snail in our front yard.  His name is Snail Man and he enjoys long strolls along the flower gardens, but hates salty additives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment