Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Turning Twenty

I really wanted to make this post yesterday, on my actual birthday, but that didn't happen because of laziness on my part.

Although I didn't technically "celebrate" my twentieth birthday on the day of my birthday, that's okay.  I had an amazing day anyway!  I woke up to Puppy laying on my chest and staring at me, waiting for me to wake up.  When I finally did open my eyes I'm pretty sure he sang Happy Birthday (kitty version) to me for the next fifteen minutes.  It was pretty freaking adorable how much he was using his dinosaur noises to express whatever he was feeling that morning.


Alice and I went shopping for new clothes later that morning.  I spent $60 on three amazing pairs of jeans and a hoodie I won't be able to wear until next Fall.  But hey, a bargain is a bargain!  I was in desperate need of some new jeans.  I've been wearing ones I go horse riding in for the last two weeks.  Gross!We came home and I had a Jamba Juice out on the back lawn.  OJ stood beside me and Puppy and Freckles laid down next to me.  OJ has been really upset lately because we tore down his pen (his only home for 10 years). I haven't seen him this upset since Foxy passed away.  But he calmed down for the time I was out there.  


Moving is becoming bitter sweet.  As I sat on the grass in the shade I listened to the birds chirp and watched the horses graze.  The blue sky was spotted with white puffy clouds and the trees in the back pastures swayed silently.  I thought about how on my 8th birthday my parents bought me Foxy.  I thought about how  on my 13th birthday I made a movie with about 10 of my friends and Buck.  I thought about my 18th birthday how we celebrated my early graduation and me getting the internship at the cat park.  There are so many memories of just my birthdays alone that I am having to physically leave behind, but it's okay, because now new people (and there kids) can make there own memories here.  In the end, I am glad I got to spend one last birthday at my childhood home.  I will miss it.


Now for the gifts!  My birthday is kind of being dragged out due to the move.  I opened Logan's and Alice's presents yesterday, but I will be opening my family's gifts this weekend, and then in a couple weeks I'll be having my actual birthday party.  But as for what I got yesterday, I LOVE THEM.  Alice made me the most thoughtful gift I have ever received.  She gave me a bunch of things (including a cat shirt, YES), but my favorite was a box she made filled with reasons why she likes me and what she hopes for me in the future.  So perfect!  If you're reading this Alice, THANK YOU! :)  Logan got me an incredible gift as well.  He has always wanted to help me with my leg pain and I think he finally found a way!  He got me a 3Q calf, ankle, and foot massager.  This thing is truly amazing.  It almost immediately eliminated my leg pain and fatigue.  I'll be using this when my legs are keeping me up at night so I can actually get a good nights sleep for once, not to mention it's coming with me to New Mexico.  I'll really need it after twelve hour days out with the horses.  He also got me Sims 3 Seasons and Sims 3 Vacations, plus the Life of Pi DVD.  When things calm down I am going to go Sim crazy!  I can't wait to see what else people will get me in the next little bit.  I love gifts!


Well, I guess that's all for meow.  The move is going well thus far, I'm just excited to be done with it and live in a place that actually looks like a house instead of a vacant lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment