Thursday, May 23, 2013

It's Exhausting

Life isn't exactly what I would call perfect, but I'm trying my hardest to stay positive.

This morning I woke up and looked out my huge ass bay window in my room as I lay in bed (seriously, it's huge.  Pictures to come after I paint my room).  The sky was blue and swirled with clouds.  There were two male mallard ducks chasing after a female.  Their movements in the sky were stunning!  It made me smile.  When I look out my window I see a huge alfalfa field and Antelope Island.  It really is such a beautiful place.  I feel like I can breathe out here.  Although I love the house and the views, I still feel very unsettled and it is exhausting.  I feel like I've been in the moving process for two months between Cedar City and now this new house.  One day it will all be over.
 
A lot of work needs to be done at this house, but nothing that is unmanageable.  It just requires a lot of time and help from other people.  On the third day we had some pretty serious septic tank problems.  It had to be
pumped, unclogged, and then some piping needed to be replaced.  The lawn is in awful condition.  OJ doesn't even want to touch parts of it.  The previous owners didn't take care of their land very well.  Luckily it's an easy fix, but it's again going to take time.  Nearly all the walls in the house need to be washed or repainted either because they have patch work done on them or they look filthy. Welcome home, right?  I make this house sound like its a disaster.  It isn't.  It's a beautiful home that has been, for the most part, well taken care of.

Last night OJ got out and refused to stay put in his pen.  He kept escaping.  My dad told me to tie him up to a rope so he stayed in place.  So I got the rope, but as I opened the door to the back yard, I look down to see OJ.  He had curled up and fallen asleep on the doormat right outside the door.  It was the sweetest thing I had seen in a while.  Needless to say, I didn't tie him up and he slept the night away on the doormat.  He is extremely lonely during this time and is craving any sort of affection.  He will follow you around, lean his head into your body, talk to you...he is so social and is in an extremely unsocial environment right now, unfortunately.  Hopefully that will change for the little guy when we bring the horses over this weekend.

Logan and I are no longer together.  Things got out of hand and I realized I deserve much better.  I'm too young and too good of a person to settle for someone less than me.  It's sad.  I love Logan very, very much, but he needs to work out his own life before he can start working on a relationship.  We will still remain friends, but for the time being we are taking a break from one another.  Two years is a long time to stay with a person, but I've spent the last four in relationships pretty much from beginning to end.  I don't consider that a bad thing because I am a happy person (I must have done something right), but I think I'm going to fly solo for a while.

Oh, and Jacky got me a bottle of yummy wine as well as this bad ass mustache ring.  Pretty sweet gifts.  I loved the wine and I wear the ring nearly every day.

As a side note, I can't decide if I want to get hair extensions next month (Yes, this means I must be on drugs).  I think I'm going to go in and get a quote done to see how much it will be and let that be the deciding factor.

No comments:

Post a Comment