Thursday, April 11, 2013

Things You May or May Not Know About Me

I used to dissect goldfish out of my parent's pond when I was little.  I was fascinated by the parts and pieces that made them live...and eventually die...creepy, I know.

As much as I LOVE lions, I would never want to own one.  They belong in the wild and it should stay that way (for any animal really unless it is for education purposes only).

I have a "green thumb" on my left hand, but not my right.  Does this mean I only half suck at growing plants?

You can almost immediately tell if I am in a bad mood by the amount of words that come out of my mouth.  Good mood? "Blah blah blah blah blah," you get the point.  Bad mood? "Blah."

I'm cold pretty much all the time.

I hate water.  I do not like touching water, seeing water, or being in water.  I'm okay with sitting in a hot tub or clean hot spring, but pools and lakes freak me out.  If someone splashes me I turn into a very, very angry hydrophobe. 

Spicy things = No Bueno 

I am not a very adventurous person and prefer other people to fill that gap in for me.  Sky diving? Never.  Bungy jumping? Nope.  Rock climing? Not a chance.  I love hiking though :)

I am a very particular person, almost to the point of being OCD.

As much as I love animals and have always wanted a career working with them, none of the jobs (with exception to being a veterinarian, which doesn't interest me) would be conducive to the lifestyle I want for myself or my future family.  Some things are better staying as hobbies :)

I like to think I'm a pretty simple person on the surface, but as you can see in this blog there is more too me than meets the eye.

I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason.  All past events lead up to where we are today and the decisions we make.  I think most unexpected things happen because of events that we did not pay attention to and it lead up to that moment that we consider to be unexpected.

I was completely obsessed with the show Spongebob Squarepants from ages 8-11.  My room was decked out from floor to ceiling in Spongebob EVERYTHING.  It was quite impressive.

I started practicing Buddhism around the time Foxy died.  It has helped me cope with the pain and trauma of her passing.  I have never been sad about Foxy leaving this world, but I have had a difficult time handling the process in which she was taken from my life and Buddhism has been my life saver. As a side note, Buddhism is not a religion, it is a way of life.

I always use the handicap stall in the restroom.  It's so roomy and usually a lot cleaner. 

I love my short hair, but sometimes I miss my long hair.  It was so healthy and had a lot of natural volume.  I'm pretty sure I'll grow it back out in a year or two...

I can't watch more than one show at a time on Netflix.  I have to finish an entire series before starting another one.

When I meditate, I go to a beautiful place.  I start out in a field of flowers that is sloped along side a huge purple mountain.  I walk on a path and enter a forest where the light is hidden by the huge pine trees.  I emerge into a clearing with lush green grass.  I walk down the slightly sloped clearing and travel up the other side.  I reenter the forest, walk through to the other side, and look out upon a sandy beached perched along side jagged cliffs.  The sky is blotched with puffy white clouds that contrast with the bright blue sky.  I love visiting this place.

I Facebook stalk people I used to go to school with or have some form of resentment towards.  It's a bad habit of mine.  I'm trying to stop!

I cannot fall asleep while watching TV or a movie.  My attention is drawn to both the sight and sound of it, and I can't let my focus fade long enough to pass out.  Sad :(

Sushi is amazing, but I'm not a fan of tuna and salmon.  I'm more of a crab and eel kind of person.  If I could eat sushi every day of the week, I totally would.

No comments:

Post a Comment