Saturday, April 27, 2013

Oh, Mr. Sandman, Where Are You?

My parent's visited me this weekend.  They packed up all of my belongs and took it back to Hooper where it is now being stored in our garage until we move (again) in two weeks.  I'm living at my amazing neighbor's condo for a couple days.  My suitcase is what I'll be living out of for a bit!  Although I think my mom and dad did a lot of the work today, and life has been pretty laid back, I am so tired.  All I want to do is sleep.

If only though.  My body doesn't understand that night time is rest time!  I've never had sleeping problems before, so I am sure there is a reason (or reasons) for it.  I've been having a difficult time sleeping for about two and a half months now and it is catching up to me.  It is so frustrating going to bed at 10:30 PM and then waking up around 2:00 AM, and either staying fully awake until I have to go to school at 9:30 or falling in and out of sleep every 45 minutes until I get out of bed.  No matter how mentally and/or physically tired I am, my brain doesn't make the correlation that I need to sleep!

I've been experiencing severe muscle cramps and nerve pain in my legs and clavicle areas lately, mainly at night or in the morning.  The pain makes it impossible to even feel tired.  Unfortunately, I just have to lay there and stretch or walk around for a couple hours (which isn't that fun to do when you have an exam the next morning).  The people I've talked to about it think my vitamin/mineral intake may be off, which could very well be the case.  Not to mention stress, even though I feel like everything is going pretty smoothly right now.  I'll probably end up going to the doctor once I get home.  I hate doctors.

Puppy sure is adorable when I am awake at night, specifically when I'm walking around.  He will follow me up and down the stairs, regardless of how many times I do it.  He will talk to me all the while too (but what's new).  It's nice having that company.  Not only is it distracting, but it makes it a bit more tolerable :)

Until this issue is taken care of, I'm slowly picking up the nasty habit of drinking...DUN DUN DUN...COFFEE.  Not very often, but only when I really need the energy to do my homework or go grocery shopping.  I don't like coffee, but it's the only way I've discovered to keep myself alert when I need it.

At least Puppy seems to be getting enough rest.

1 comment: