Friday, May 16, 2014

The Big 21

All I can say is WOW
WOW WOW WOW!

I am officially 21 years old.  I feel more...free, I guess you could say.  Now there isn't anything else I have to wait for, besides turning 25 so I can rent a vehicle without paying out the ass for it.  I guess that's something too look forward to in the future ;)
I've narrowed down my dating pool to a few choice men.  I am tired of going on dates with people I'm really not that interested in.  It's a waste of my time and theirs.  It's not that I am looking for a relationship, but I would like to find people that I could possibly develop one with, whenever that may be.  I'm in no rush.  The people I'm mentioning in this blog are the people who have made the best impressions on me as far as their character and ambition goes. 

So first things first, my birthday!  My day was pretty mellow until about 2:00 when my doorbell rang.  When I opened the door there was a lady holding a bouquet of flowers.  I asked if she had the right house (I've never been delivered flowers before) and if she was sure they were for me.  She assured me they were for me and left.  Turns out the brother of my riding lesson client's mom (mouthful, I know), delivered them to me.  I've met him once before, but I don't actually remember anything about it, ha.  I was busy.  Anyway, it was very thoughtful of him to do that and it sure did make me smile.  He is really interesting and we share a lot of the same interests and beliefs, all the way from meditation to higher education.  It's nice to be able to talk to someone that can relate to me so well, both an emotional and intellectual level. 
Chicken hearts...nummy...
When 4:00 came around, one of my friends came over (by friends I mean someone I'm interested in).  This guy moved from Arkansas about 6 months ago.  He is a train engineer for the Union Pacific Railroad and he does modeling on the side (although he could totally do it full time).  He definitely is an ambitious individual!  He knows where he wants to be and is willing to do whatever it takes to get there.  It's refreshing to see that in a guy my age (he's 22).  He is wonderful.  He is a southern gentleman who is courteous, genuine, and overall a very sweet guy.  I don't think I've known anyone as passionate about his work and his relationships. Unfortunately, his schedule is super hard to work around, but he was able to be with me on my birthday.  I thought it was special for him to choose to do that.  He took me and my family to a place called Tucano's Brazilian Grill.  This place was amazing.  It was all you could eat EVERYTHING.  Seriously, anything you'd be craving they had, and it was unlimited.  They would come to your table with different kinds of meat on spears and cut it right onto your plate.  It was very similar to Carnivore in South Africa, only Tucanos didn't serve Kudu and Zebra, haha.  My first legal alcoholic drink was purchased by this guy, and I am very okay with that!  He insisted on paying the bill for all of us and gave the waitress a generous tip.  He said it was my birthday present.  What a present indeed!  He was also very easy for my parents to talk to and we all laughed together numerous times.  Talk about a good first impression on the parents!  He had a meeting to go to for his work, so he had to leave, but it was a mutual agreement we were going to make him late, aha.  Totally worth it, for me anyway ;)
I spent the rest of my night with two of my friends, one of which I am casually dating.  What did we do?  Drink of course!  Well, besides the person who was the designated driver, who also happens to be of interest to me.  After being refused at the first bar we went to (The Green Pig) because my I.D. was expired (totally stupid), we bar hopped to three other bars.  Don't ask me the names of them because I wasn't paying attention.  I didn't want to get totally trashed because I had a lesson to give at 8 AM the following morning, but I did get pretty tipsy!  Of course, I didn't have to buy any of my drinks.  Thanks guys!  We had a blast. We got bits and pieces of the night on video, so expect to see something embarrassing coming out in the next little while.  So this guy of interest is an author, as well a dedicated member of the Army.  He is working on his forth book and is looking at getting it published (which I'm positive will happen).  We get along very well and I felt safe with his company while drinking.  I never worried about any "what" "ifs" or "buts" with him.  He is a quiet individual with deep thoughts, but he is very open if you ask him to be.  It's nice.  He drove me home and we had a fantastic conversation (I don't quite remember all of it...I was little drunk).  I do remember, however, that we learned a lot about each other.
Barrrrz.
Petco has been a blast.  The first day I started work I spent five hours in front of a computer watching incredibly boring and repetitive videos about things that don't really matter.  I wanted to quit by the time I was done with it.  But, the last two days were much, much better.  I got trained on the register and was asked to stay an extra three hours because I was managing it so well.  Today I did register, cleaned and prepared the animal enclosures, and restocked the avian and small animal sections in the store.  It certainly helps I am a fast learner and have done customer service for numerous years prior.  I love talking to people and sharing my knowledge with them.  I'm excited to get more experience.  About time I had a job!  It's kicking my ass though.  I'm so tired.  I can't seem to snap out of it.  Blah.

I have a new riding lesson client.  She is 28 years old and just moved to Eden a while ago.  She grew up with horses but is wanting to get back into it so she can feel more confident with buying her own.  So far it is a lot for her to take it, but all she needs is exposure, practice, and time to reflect.  Buck certainly is testing her, which is good.  He's been feeling much better lately, by the way.
Well, that's all for now I suppose.  I'm working on a blog that actually has a purpose, not just me ranting off about what's going on in my life, haha.  Keep an eye out for it.  I'll publish it sometime within the next week hopefully...I just need to find the energy to finish it.

1 comment:

  1. Jen I love reading your antidotes on life as a twenty one year old.

    ReplyDelete