Monday, May 19, 2014

Over Thinking.

I don't know if this is my problem, but it sure seems like it isn't helping.

I over think.  I over think everything.  It is in my nature.  I always have to ask why and figure out the answers to questions that may not have answers.  Do you know why?  It's quite interesting, really.  It goes beyond me being overly curious and wanting to learn.

It all comes down to protecting myself and being scared of the unknown.  If I know the answers, then I can avoid problems ahead of time, or be more prepared for when something unfavorable does happen.  And every now and then, someone comes along who kicks my intellectual ass and tells me to shut the hell up and just let it be.


Sounds harsh, right? Maybe so, but it is true.  

It's hard to take a step back and realize this is why some of my potential relationships didn't work out.  Impatient, rushing, overly ambitious, no matter what you call it, it's a problem I have.  It took two guys I thoroughly enjoyed for me to realize this, and unfortunately it was at the cost of something great.  I guess everyone comes into your life for a reason, and they had to be the ones I learned this from.  It freaking sucks.  The idea of "letting it be" is uncomfortable for me...but it's something I'm going to have to learn to accept quickly.  I am too smart to be ruining relationships because I lack the basic principles of taking things slowly.  I know why I am like this, but I'm not going to go into it.  What's important is it's a problem of mine and it needs to change, now. 

I've said that I'm not in a rush to be a in a relationship, and part of me believed that for a while, but it's not completely true.  Sure, I could be in a relationship with someone at any given time, but I would not enjoy it.  I am in a rush to find someone, and I shouldn't be.  I shouldn't be.  I have found people, and I have also found myself chasing them away.


Here's to taking things slowly...

No comments:

Post a Comment