Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Plans For 2014

I guess this is something that I should blog about.  What am I going to do in 2014?  Well, there won't be any New Year resolutions or fancy plans to change who I am.  Here it is in a nut shell. I think this year I'm going to focus mostly on myself.  Not for another person's wants, needs, and desires.  It's my year.  I dunno exactly what my master plans are, but I'll figure it out as it comes. 

If one thing is for certain, I want to get a control of my emotional stress and triggers.  The grounding techniques my therapist has given me has already done wonders concerning flashbacks and trauma-drawn emotions.  I am excited to see where my mental state ends up as a result of therapy and the medication.  I am hoping to be completely done with both by the end of summer.

I am going to go to the gym Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for the entire semester.  Some days I may not be able to make it because of doctor appointments and other obligations I can't reschedule, but for the most part I'll be there three days a week for at least an hour at a time.  The purpose of going to the gym isn't for me to look better (although that is a perk), but more so that I can be in shape and more flexible for the yoga I plan on doing with Buck.

Speaking of my Bucket, I'm not sure what I want to do with him this year.  Of course we will work on our relationship more and test the limits of trust, but overall I think we are just gonna have do our best and announce it as it happens!  I want to get more horse riding lesson clients too! How many people actually want to take lessons is out of my control, but I am going to put a lot of energy into advertising and promoting natural horsemanship for beginners. 

I hope to take at least 15 credit hours a semester so I can graduate by Spring 2015 with my bachelors of integrated studies.  I'm not saying I'm going to resolve to get a 4.0, but that sure would be nice!  I'll try my best!

Here is to a new year with new adventures, achievements, struggles, realizations, and knowledge!  I have a feeling I won't be disappointed :)
 Goodbye 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment